[License-discuss] Open Source Eventually License Development

Al Foxone akvarius12 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 16:01:34 UTC 2013

PMFJI, but I really don't understand the key part of TGPPL:

"... copies of Original Work or Derivative Works that You distribute
or communicate shall be licensed under this Transitive Grace Period
Public Licence no later than 12 months after You distributed or
communicated said copies"

AFAIK, a copyright license is about permissions regarding intangables,
not copies (as in "material objects" see 17 U.S.C. 101).

The wording regarding copies is in conflict with 17 U.S.C. 109 as well.

What am I missing here?