[License-discuss] Open Source Eventually License Development
zooko at zooko.com
Fri Aug 23 23:15:01 UTC 2013
I offer the following assertions about the Transitive Grace Period Public
Licence (TGPPL) [1, 2].
* TGPPL is a Free Software and Open Source licence. (As I've argued: [3, 4].)
* It is not redundant with any existing Free+Open licence. (As I've argued:
* It is not like the practice that Aladdin Software had of releasing older
versions under a Free+Open licence. (As I've argued: .)
* It is currently in active use .
I hereby make the following requests:
* Help me think of problems or issues with this licence that I'm not already
* Help me improve the licence for future revisions.
* Register TGPPL in the lists of Open Source Licences  and Free Software
* Consider incorporating "The Transitive Grace Period idea" into future Free
and Open licences such as future revisions of GPL or copyleft-next. (Although
according to Bradley Kuhn's and Richard Fontana's recent letters, that may be
off-topic for this list.)
You may be interested in the fact that my startup has just announced our first
commercial product, which is the (Free and Open) Tahoe-LAFS software:
You may also be interested in this related conversation, about the importance
of software distribution and licensing, among other things, in today's world of
More information about the License-discuss