[License-discuss] Open Source Eventually License Development

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sun Aug 18 02:41:31 UTC 2013

        [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
        [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
        [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

    It is ironic that you wrote: "Specific performance, a mandatory remedial
    order to perform a promise, is not generally available at common law, as
    first-year students all learn." You must realize, of course, that the great
    (unreasonable) fear of the GPL is that a licensee will be required to
    disclose his other software that merely links to the GPL program. How would
    this be required if not by an order for specific performance?

In the usual circumstances, we could make him stop distributing the
product unless he complies.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation