[License-discuss] Open Source Eventually License Development

Luis Villa luis at lu.is
Fri Aug 16 09:02:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>> I am asking this mailing list for help crafting a proprietary license. It
>> is certainly ironic but not at all off-topic.
>
> Speaking for myself (and I am only a friendly hanger-on to OSI), I have
> no problem with you asking.  However, I doubt OSI has relevant expertise,
> and would not be surprised if OSI Board members both have other
> priorities and are wary of involvement in proprietary software licensing.

For what it is worth, I have no significant objection to at least
preliminary discussion happening here; as Rick said, if you're very
sensitive to noise, license-review is the correct list for you.

That said, if the discussion does get "serious"/time-consuming,
despite a list consensus that it is non-free, I may ask it to move
elsewhere.

Luis