[License-discuss] plain text license versions?

Karl Fogel kfogel at red-bean.com
Mon Sep 10 16:04:29 UTC 2012

Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> writes:
>Ben, I was not giving you a very serious reply (but rather a dismissive
>one), because frankly I don't think you are approaching this discussion
>with a serious attitude, attention to the subject, and/or a sense of
>perspective.

Personal defenses might be inappropriate here, I don't know, but FWIW:
I've worked with Ben Reser in a number of projects and he's always
approached discussions with a serious attitude and attention to the
subject.  You may still disagree with his reasoning, but that's a
different matter.  Nothing I saw in this thread -- I admit I skimmed
sometimes -- indicated a lack of seriousness or attention on his part.

It's better to question reasoning than motivations, on this list and
probably most others.

Thanks,
-K