[License-discuss] objective criteria for license evaluation

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Tue Nov 13 17:58:00 UTC 2012

At least some of these slightly unusual/surprising results are
probably a result of methodology; e.g., many CPOL "projects" are just
a code snippet, and most are just a file or two, so treating each of
them the same as other projects probably doesn't reflect the real
scope of license usage there.

As a general matter, I'd be hesitant to rely on any one source for
popularity numbers without a fair amount of transparency around the
data gathering methodology.