[License-discuss] proposal to revise and slightly reorganize the OSI licensing page [revisited]

Tzeng, Nigel H. Nigel.Tzeng at jhuapl.edu
Mon Nov 12 21:04:56 UTC 2012

Incorrect.  The only part I'm specifically against is the section:

"The following OSI-approved licenses are popular, widely used, or have
strong communities:

        [Insert the current list of popular/widely used/strong community
licenses]"

The reason I am opposed to this specific part is because in my opinion it
is PART OF the categorization issue.  That itself cannot be made
"off-topic" unless someone is inclined to pull shenanigans.

I don't believe this to be the case but the inclusion of this section into
the proposal changes it from a simple small edit to the website into
something more, ESPECIALLY with the suggestion that the alphabetical list
could safely be done away with.

Given the issues with categorization the more neutral position would be to
ONLY retain the alphabetical list.