[License-discuss] [License-review] CC withdrawl of CC0 from OSI process

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Fri Mar 2 04:40:03 UTC 2012

On 03/01/2012 08:32 PM, Chris Travers wrote:
> I am not at all sure that line works once you get into trying to
> bridge GPL'd and proprietary apps
Read
http://www.datamation.com/osrc/article.php/3801396/Bruce-Perens-Combining-GPL-and-Proprietary-Software.htm
> Does it matter how I do this?
Very definitely.
> Is it possible to accidently create a derivative work in the process?
If you don't know what to do, you probably will, because the easiest
ways do create them are the ones that are more legally risky. However,
it's not terribly hard to build stuff in the more safe ways.
> What do I have to avoid on a technical level (because I am thinking
> technically when programming, not legally) to be sure I am safe?
It's in the article, at least for a number of general cases.

     Thanks

     Bruce