[License-discuss] Golan v. Holder

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Jan 23 08:19:12 UTC 2012

Chad Perrin scripsit:

> I don't think that Congress would try to limit licenses to individually
> named licensees, though, as someone else suggested.  It would destroy
> commercial EULAs as surely as it would destroy copyleft licensing.

EULAs are not copyright licenses: they do not grant the right to
copy, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or prepare
derivative works.

--
With techies, I've generally found              John Cowan
If your arguments lose the first round          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
    Make it rhyme, make it scan                 cowan at ccil.org
    Then you generally can
Make the same stupid point seem profound!           --Jonathan Robie