[License-discuss] Logo for an (O)pen (S)ource (Li)cense (C)ompendium

Reincke, Karsten k.reincke at telekom.de
Wed Feb 22 19:04:25 UTC 2012

Dear Karl;

Sorry for posting 'twice'; your first answer didn't arrive me. You asked:

> I'm not sure what the answer is yet; we'll have to discuss it with the
> Board.  But first, can you tell us whether it is the case that every
> license discussed in the compendium is OSI-approved?  One thing's for
> sure: we can't have our logo used to refer to non-OSI-approved licenses,
> so that question is fundamental I think.

Topic of the compendium 'OSLiC' are solely the OSI approved licenses. We don't want to cover / to discuss other licenses, neither proprietary licenses nor public domain licenses. The title is meant strictly: Open Source License Compendium, nothing else.

in the hope to support a positive decision
Karsten
---
Deutsche Telekom AG
Products & Innovation