[License-discuss] CDDL 1.1 and GPL 2 with CPE

Gervais, Mathieu Mathieu.Gervais at morganstanley.com
Thu Feb 2 01:34:45 UTC 2012

Thanks guys.
I understand that if no one bothered asking, it wouldn't be there. That's a fine answer. I just wanted to know if on the contrary it went thru review and didn't get approved (I'm not sure how I would be able to know that from the current OSI website. Maybe a list of proposed-but-rejection with a short summary of rationale would be helpful?).
I'm not asking for a combined license ("CDDL 1.1 + GPL 2 with CPE") either, but I thought I'd send 1 email instead of 2 separate ones.

Re: CDDL1.1, Rick wrote
> CDDL 1.1 is OSI Certified.
It's not listed on the website, which I assumed is pretty much the definition of certified.

>>So, I would assume it is up to Oracle to decide whether to submit CDDL
>> 1.1 for OSI approval. (Is anyone from Oracle on this list?)
> ...or does anyone here want to contact them about it?

I'll give it a shot.

> Anyway, an open-source licence with an added grant of rights tacked on (which is what GPLv2 w/classpath exception is) is obviously also open source.

OK.

Thanks all.

-mathieu