[License-discuss] Draft of new OSI licenses landing page; please review.

Smith, McCoy mccoy.smith at intel.com
Wed Apr 4 20:27:08 UTC 2012

FWIW:
The FSF doesn't technically "approve" of licenses (except, I suppose, they approve of their own licenses:  GPL, LGPL, AGPL).  On their website, they list two types of non *GPL licenses:  1)  "GPL-compatible free software licenses" and 2)  "GPL-incompatible free software licenses"
That's more than mere semantics -- they're not opining upon licenses other than as to whether they believe the terms of those licenses are consistent with the principals of "free software";   nevertheless, GPL compatibility is, to some, an important factor when choosing licenses.