Artistic License

Dale netxe456 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:38:37 UTC 2011

>>I don't know the details of the artistic licence, but the GPL certainly
allows a profit on >>the download and support fees.

Artistic states :
"Distributor Fee means any fee that you charge for Distributing this Package
or providing support for this Package to another party. It does not mean
licensing fees."
and :
"(2) You may Distribute verbatim copies of the Source form of the Standard
Version of this Package in any medium without restriction, either gratis or
for a Distributor Fee, provided that you duplicate all of the original
copyright notices and associated disclaimers. At your discretion, such
verbatim copies may or may not include a Compiled form of the Package."

it comes down to what can be considered License and what Distribution fee.
>>"You would probably have to only make the file downloadable after payment
had been >>offered, otherwise it might be confused with a licence fee."
So if I set up a site and sell the package how can I be sure that I am only
charging for a Distribution fee? I see that the distinction is not that
clear