IP Clearance

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Thu Jul 28 22:09:57 UTC 2011

Lawrence Rosen scripsit:

> Roy, I consider this to be a nice principle but not a good
> practice. If someone licenses his work to the public under AL2 or a
> compatible license, I don't care whether he likes ASF or not. He can
> kick and scream about the unfairness of life, but I'm happy to take
> his work and do with it as I please under the terms of his license.

Well, not all of us are willing to spend our lives defending against
lawsuits, be they never so meritless, even if we are ably assisted by
the likes of Larry Rosen the Brave.  So we walk softly and strive to
offend nobody.

--
A rabbi whose congregation doesn't want         John Cowan
to drive him out of town isn't a rabbi,         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
and a rabbi who lets them do it                 cowan at ccil.org
isn't a man.    --Jewish saying