IP Clearance

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Thu Jul 28 21:50:46 UTC 2011

Roy Fielding wrote:
> At Apache, all contributions are voluntary.  We do not accept code
> from copyright owners who don't want us to have it, even if we have
> the legal right to adopt it for other reasons.

Roy, I consider this to be a nice principle but not a good practice. If
someone licenses his work to the public under AL2 or a compatible license, I
don't care whether he likes ASF or not. He can kick and scream about the
unfairness of life, but I'm happy to take his work and do with it as I
please under the terms of his license.

/Larry