GPL (LPGL) + Apache

Henrik Ingo henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
Mon Jul 11 18:31:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Mike McMahon <mmcmahon at deltacollege.edu> wrote:
> I’ve been developing some software that makes use of some Apache Commons
> libraries; however, I have a need to make use of some LGPL libraries as
> well.  Is there an open source license that will allow me to include both
> packages in my product or will I need to find the apache equivalent licensed
> product of the LGPL libraries?

If I understand your question correctly, you can choose the license
for your product freely. If you utilize Apache of LGPL libraries from
your own code, neither of these licenses make any requirements on how
the complete product should be licensed. Also they do not restrict the
licenses of other libraries used in your product.

Should you be making changes to the LGPL'd library itself, then those
changes must be published under the LGPL too. The Apache License makes
no such requirement.

henrik

henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
+358-40-8211286 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559