Which license to choose?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Feb 26 17:35:27 UTC 2010

David Woolley scripsit:

> >Fair enough; my assumption and projections of his code base may be
> >incorrect, but the question is still out there: Is there a way to
> >protect his name if someone else does something stupid with his project
> >(and then advertises it)?
>
> Live in an enlightened part of the world, like Europe, that respects
> "moral rights" in intellectual property?

There's that.  But note this requirement in 3- and 4-clause BSD licenses:

        Neither the name of the <organization> nor the names of its
        contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
        from this software without specific prior written permission.

--
Andrew Watt on Microsoft:                       John Cowan
Never in the field of human computing           cowan at ccil.org
has so much been paid by so many                http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
to so few! (pace Winston Churchill)