GPLv3's secretive Additional Terms

opensource.*.nwo at neverbox.com opensource.*.nwo at neverbox.com
Wed Apr 21 22:09:59 UTC 2010

Thank you John for your ingenious answers. Your section 7 answers are
exactly the stuff I don't understand why the GNU hides from their
otherwise good FAQ. Section 7 deserves its own section in the FAQ.

As for additional permissions, does it mean those "permission granted not
to distribute source code"are actually legitimate? I don't see how such
deriatives could still be GPL.

As for additional restrictions, I like to understand more a-e. Some of them
seem like it would be a risk NOT to use them.

As for "GPLv3 plus name in the footer", I was wondering more about whether
I can add "unless agreed otherwise" (e.g. in a written permission)?