faq

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri May 29 07:01:55 UTC 2009

Jesus Omar Duran Villan wrote:

> 2009/5/28 Jesus Omar Duran Villan <joduranvillan at misena.edu.co
> <mailto:joduranvillan at misena.edu.co>>
>
>     My license required to send the original author of the software
>     source code of any modifications is a Open Source license?

I seem to be missing the start of this thread.

I can't remember if such licences are within the OSD, but they are
disliked, as too onerous, by the open source community.

Any licence that required such changes to be assigned to the original
author would definitely not be open source.  I doubt that any licence
that required them to be licenced back with any more rights than the
modifier received would be considered open source.  One that required
the same licence would be very onerous, as every modifier would have to
send to every other modifier if they took advantge of the contributions.

--
David Woolley