Question on using apache and lgpl license

Neo Anderson javadeveloper999 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 16 00:02:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

Not very sure whether this is the right place to ask, but don't where I can post my question. I apologize if posting to the wrong place.

I am developing an application licensed with lgpl 3.0. Now I am looking for some frameworks; and it looks like apache shiro fulfilled my requirement. So I am thinking to using this framework in my application. Now my question rises. I search on the internet and read some explain on apache and fsf web site (e.g. http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/). It looks like using apache license in application licensed with lgpl 3.0 is ok. However, I discover that in apache they explains that

2. You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files; and

Does that mean I need to add a line e.g. " I change this file " in ehancement.xml (which is a shiro files with apache license cliam on the head of its content.) Or what should I do so that I won't conflict the file?

In addition to this, is there any thing I need to pay attention to whilst using apache license in lgpl application?

I understand this is minor problem, but I am not familiar with law and would like to conform to the license without violating it. So please suggest me or point me to place where there has related information.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you.