MS continued attack on OSD #6

Sam Ramji sramji at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 27 06:54:03 UTC 2008

Michael:

I'm not sure if you're saying you agree with B Galliart's concerns or not.

If you do, I'd like to understand your personal take on what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong.

My team and the company will do everything we can to avoid mis-using the "open source" term that, as we have agreed, applies to software licensed under the OSI-approved licenses, and refers to shared development, and not just "source availability."

I'm happy to have the conversation here or off-line, as you prefer.

I have said before, and will reiterate here:  the process that began a year ago when you asked me face-to-face to submit our licenses to the OSI has been a productive one; we are honored that the OSI chose to approve the Ms-PL and Ms-RL; and we intend to use those designations with care and in accordance with the wishes of the OSI.

Additionally you have my personal email and mobile number if you should ever wish to talk or raise a concern.

Sincerely,

Sam

Sam Ramji
sramji at microsoft.com