des at des.no
Tue Jul 1 09:18:40 UTC 2008
I have some questions about a couple of licenses I ran across during a
- The Frontier Artistic License was apparently submitted but not
approved (no surprise, its the exact same license with a few words
changed). However, I didn't find anything about it in the archives.
Can you rell me whether it was formally rejected, or whether the
submission was just ignored, or discussed but not forwarded to the
- Regarding the above, the author's web page about the license
(<URL:http://www.spinwardstars.com/frontier/fal.html>) still includes
the text "Submitted to OpenSource.org for Open Source Initiative
certification", which I find a bit disingeniuous, especially if it
was formally rejected. Perhaps a polite letter from the board would
be in order.
- The awful, awful SSLeay license: has it ever been submitted for
- The original SSH license: has it ever been submitted for approval?
(I assume not)
- The ITU and IJG licenses: have they ever been submitted for approval?
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no
More information about the License-discuss