DRAFT FAQ: Free vs. Open

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Jan 11 23:34:26 UTC 2008

Raj Mathur writes:
 > May help if we think of FOSS in terms of inclusion, rather than in
 > terms of compromise.

No.  Nobody is rejecting Free Software.  Free Software is Open Source.
We carry a large umbrella.  Everyone fits under it, even RMS, the FSF,
and every Free Software partisan.  If THEY CHOOSE not to be included,
that is their own pain.  We haven't caused their pain, and we don't
need to ameliorate it.  We don't need to make nicey-nice, not when
Open Source has been a huge success.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software