DRAFT FAQ: Free vs. Open

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri Jan 11 21:09:05 UTC 2008

John Cowan wrote:
> Beware of talk of "deeming", Larry.  (I was just dealing with
> this in another context.)  Eben Moglen plainly tells us at
> http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/publications/fict.html :
<snip>

I don't worship in Eben's cathedral, even as to the implications of the word
"deeming". I'll take deeming to court most days, especially when we don't
know precisely what X or Y actually are, and even [as we've seen here in
recent days] the acolytes of the various cardinals don't know what the words
really mean. :-)

/Larry