For Approval: Boost Software License - Version 1.0 - August 17th, 2003

Donovan Hawkins hawkins at cephira.com
Tue Sep 25 18:36:20 UTC 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 2:05 PM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:

> http://www.opensource.org/docs/certification_mark.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Open+Source+Initative+Approved+Open+Source+Software%22

I couldn't help but notice that "Initiative" is
missing an 'i', but then I also noticed that the same mistake is made
several places on the OSI's Certification Mark page as well. It seems the
mistake has replicated, based on the search you provided.

I assume this is not some clever legality to avoid using the OSI's
proper name in the notices or something (especially when both spellings
are used), though it does bring up the curious question of whether the
typo must be maintained by users of the mark.

Donovan Hawkins
(no .sig on this webmail program I'm using at the moment)