Off-topic Re: Automatic GPL termination

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 02:10:12 UTC 2007

On 9/20/07, Ernest Prabhakar <prabhaka at apple.com> wrote:

> Hi Alexander et al,
>

> Discussions about the character and behavior of the FSF and RMS are
> explicitly off-topic for this forum, unless *directly* related to the
> interpretation of a license.

Depends-- are we here to approve licenses?  Or are we here to approve the
submitters (such as Microsoft or the FSF)?  Personally I would rather see
the character of the submitting entity generally off-topic amd estrict
discussion to licenses.  The sole exception (in my view) ought to be what
the submitting entity has said about the license itself.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers