Automatic GPL termination

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 12:24:42 UTC 2007

On 9/19/07, John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org> wrote:
[...]
> You're talking past one another.  Moglen is not opposed to commerce,
> nor is the GPL.  He is opposed to monopoly (so-called IP).  To be against

Yet his own site softwarefreedom.org  is under
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/

Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

Go figure.

regards,
alexander.

--
"PJ points out that lawyers seem to have difficulty understanding the
GPL. My main concern with GPLv3 is that - unlike v2 - non-lawyers can't