a plea

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Sep 15 22:41:12 UTC 2007

Chris Travers writes:
 > Russ:  Can you recommend an email client with this feature?

Mytt, Sylpheed, Kmail, Evolution.

You need an extension for Thunderbird:
http://cweiske.de/misc_extensions.htm#replyToList

I see that you use Gmail.  I don't know who to contact within the Borg
to get their lack of Reply-to-list fixed.

You can always say "Reply to All" and then take the few moments
necesary to avoid annoying your recipients by removing everybody you
know to be on the list.

 > If not, this discussion should be on the merits of choices based on actual
 > client support.  I can accept that the duplicates may be seen as a necessary
 > evil, but maybe we suppress emailing out the dupes in some way?

No, because it happens at the client.  NOTHING you do on the server
side can be the correct thing.  BOTH inserting Reply-To AND NOT
inserting Reply-To are the wrong things to do (for different reasons,
obviously).

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | People have strong opinions
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | about economics even though