For Approval: Boost Software License - Version 1.0 - August 17th, 2003

Donovan Hawkins hawkins at cephira.com
Sat Sep 15 19:07:40 UTC 2007

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, John Cowan wrote:

> I'd say that the problem with this license is that it does not
> (probably inadvertently) grant the right to distribute derivative
> works.  Arguably, this right is not necessary, as derivative works
> belong to the deriver, but it's good to spell it out.

I noticed that, though as you say it isn't strictly necessary. That didn't
seem to be SourceForge's problem with it though (or at least, they didn't
get that far before rejecting it).

Donovan Hawkins, PhD                 "The study of physics will always be
Software Engineer                     safer than biology, for while the
hawkins at cephira.com                   hazards of physics drop off as 1/r^2,
http://www.cephira.com                biological ones grow exponentially."