a plea

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 21:37:29 UTC 2007

On 9/14/07, Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:

> Lawrence Rosen writes:
> > One thing that's kept me from responding publicly so far is that,
> > when I do, people reply "to-all" instead of just to the list and I
> > get two (2) copies of each of these emails. Ugh!  Once is
> > punishment enough! So please, reply only to license-discuss!
>
> Indeed.  Part of this problem is a software design problem.  Email
> clients need a "Reply To Recipient" command, which on the face of it
> seems stupid.  Why would you reply to yourself??  But ... read on:
>
> http://russnelson.com/rt.html

Russ:  Can you recommend an email client with this feature?

If not, this discussion should be on the merits of choices based on actual
client support.  I can accept that the duplicates may be seen as a necessary
evil, but maybe we suppress emailing out the dupes in some way?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers