[META] a plea

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Sep 14 15:40:15 UTC 2007

Quoting David Woolley (forums at david-woolley.me.uk):

> The complementary problem is that private replies end up on the public
> list.  I would rather it fail by duplicating than fail in the latter mode.

Old, long-settled argument.  Reply-To munging lost.

Proponents of Reply-To munging made their case, some years ago; their
solution was found severely lacking, and better ones are now here:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/index.php?page=netiquette#replyto

--
Cheers,                     Peter G. Neumann:  "Mars has been a tough target."
Rick Moen                   Harlan Rosenthal:  "That's because the Martians keep