License Committee Report for August 2007

Jamey Hicks jamey.hicks at nokia.com
Thu Sep 13 14:07:19 UTC 2007

Hi Russ,

I am glad that the board has decided to include Open Source Hardware. I
will be on vacation for the next 3 weeks but will post to the discussion
list when I get back. We decided to use the MIT license for our project.
I think one thing that would be helpful is for the board to consider the
current open source licenses and to evaluate which ones would be usable
for hardware projects. GPL, MIT, BSD all seem OK to me for hardware.

Jamey