Automatic GPL termination

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Sep 12 17:39:16 UTC 2007

Alexander Terekhov scripsit:
> On 9/12/07, Chris Travers <chris.travers at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That is what I thought at first until I noticed that Evers is allowed to do
> > this *without* modifying code.

Distinguish between "code" and "Code", which is a name for Tinker's whole
work *including* its license.  The code is the same, but Code has been
changed.

> Even in the case of modified code, Evers copyright (if any) doesn't
> cover remaining protected elements from Tinker's work and Evers just
> can't change Tinker's licensing terms other than by sublicensing
> Tinker's work.

He can if Tinker's license says he can, which it does.

--
First known example of political correctness:   John Cowan
After Nurhachi had united all the other         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Jurchen tribes under the leadership of the      cowan at ccil.org
Manchus, his successor Abahai (1592-1643)
issued an order that the name Jurchen should       --S. Robert Ramsey,
be banned, and from then on, they were all           The Languages of China
to be called Manchus.