[META] a plea

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 11 19:01:28 UTC 2007

Quoting Mick Semb Wever (mick at wever.org):

> I came to the list through gmane's nntp gateway. I did not find any
> webpage associated to the list and the list's description did not give so
> much information.

Moreover, if you query ezmlm for the mailing list FAQ, it informs you
(via return mail) that none is on file.  But, per 2007 cultural norms,
most newcomers wouldn't even try that.

> Better guidelines would be great, but letting new posters immediately
> know they've mis-understood the list's intention will help as well.

Ideally, a footer should point to a listinfo page by URL, as does the
default Mailman configuration.

(/me admins GNU Mailman for several Linux and BSD groups.)