a plea

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 04:14:46 UTC 2007

On 9/10/07, Brendan Scott <lists at opensourcelaw.biz> wrote:

> Could an alternative list be set up?

Agreed.

Another list I'm on has a parallel list (called un-) to which threads are
> moved (by a moderator) when they become off topic.
>
> Alternatively, a new list could be set up called license-approve...

+1

Clear names and public guidelines avoid a great many problems.  Most people
probably would assume that a list named "license-discuss" was there for
discussing licenses (as its name implies) and of which approval discussions
were only a small part of the scope.

Unless a list has public and prominant guidelines there *are* no real
(official or otherwise) guidelines.  If this is a problem it should be
fixed.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Brendan