License Committee Report for August 2007

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Fri Sep 7 08:55:17 UTC 2007

Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> writes:
> Hrm.  You didn't send it to license-discuss with a Subject: of "For
> Approval:...".  If I acknowledged it, I acknowledged the version sent
> to license-approval, which is not the same thing.

This is getting ridiculous.

According to your much-vaunted approval guidelines, it is the OSI that
forwards the request to license-discuss once it has been submitted to
license-approval.

Oh but wait, that was the *other* version of the approval guidelines...

You have known for three months that I wanted the Simplified BSD
License submitted for approval.  I have asked you several times
whether it had been properly submitted, and if not, what I had done
wrong.  You have had plenty of opportunity to notify me of any
discrepancy.  Am I to conclude that you are deliberately dragging your
feet over this license?

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav