License Committee Report for August 2007

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Sep 6 20:11:08 UTC 2007

Dag-Erling Smørgrav writes:
 > Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> writes:
 > > I'm the chair of the license approval committee.  This is my report
 > > for the current set of licenses under discussion.
 >
 > What about the Simplified BSD license?  I don't see it listed on
 > http://opensource.org/licenses/status either, yet you have confirmed
 > receipt of my submission, and it has been discussed on the list.

Hrm.  You didn't send it to license-discuss with a Subject: of "For
Approval:...".  If I acknowledged it, I acknowledged the version sent
to license-approval, which is not the same thing.

If you want to say "Well how could you lose it when it's been
discussed on the list?" it's exactly WHY discussion should happen
under the "For Approval:" subject.  Lots of people talk about licenses
they might hypothetically submit at some time in the future.  The
bright line between hypothetical and real submission is the "For
Approval:" subject.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | People have strong opinions
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | about economics even though