rms at 1407.org claiming "licenses aren't contracts" and that...

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri Oct 19 19:53:17 UTC 2007

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> This is ridiculous.  The list is not for general copyright law
> discussions, nor for general license discussions, nor for general
> contract discussions.  It exists so that licenses submitted to OSI can
> be discussed before approval.  There are obviously occasional
> discussions unrelated that topic, but they should be kept to a minimum.

Some discussions here may indeed be ridiculous (and I ignore many of them),
but where do the OSI rules state those restrictions on list content? Some
people, I fear, are being a little too censoring. Are you trying to save me
from the trolls? Then implement better tools than email that make it easier
to ignore things I don't want to hear....

Quite frankly, Alexander Terekhov has sent us lots of interesting links that
are perhaps more interesting to some than having Matt or me repeat our own
oft-stated opinions. :-) That doesn't mean I agree with Alexander, or even
that I want to hear more from him. Censor not so that ye be not censored.

/Larry