rms at 1407.org claiming "licenses aren't contracts" and that...

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 19:29:30 UTC 2007

On 10/19/07, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting Matthew Flaschen (matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu):
>
> > This is ridiculous.  The list is not for general copyright law
> > discussions, nor for general license discussions, nor for general
> > contract discussions.  It exists so that licenses submitted to OSI can
> > be discussed before approval.  There are obviously occasional
> > discussions unrelated that topic, but they should be kept to a minimum.
>
> Mr. Terekhov knows this, but finds the fact inconvenient.  See also:
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lexicon.html#tactical-stupidity

To some extent it's rather unfair game on my part to respond to Mr.
Moen given his killfile filter (publicly known part), but I still
defer to Mr. Bernstein : http://cr.yp.to/distributors.html

and once again recommend:

http://cr.yp.to/conferences/russia.html

:-)

regards,
alexander.

--
"To show the falsity of 'PJ''s claims, in most cases I need look no further
than Groklaw itself. 'PJ' wants more journalists to use the site as a

                              -- http://tinyurl.com/2mn3jc