For Approval: Boost Software License - Version 1.0 - August 17th, 2003

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Oct 11 17:45:31 UTC 2007

David Abrahams writes:
 > You could start by removing the statement at
 > www.opensource.org/docs/certification_mark.html that indicates the
 > process is started by posting to license-approval at opensource.org.

Fixed, thanks!

 > > Oh dear.  It's happening again.  I sent you the URL
 > > (http://opensource.org/approval), I expected you to read and
 > > comprehend it, and you failed.
 >
 > How did I fail?  I read the whole thing, and as far as I can tell I
 > followed it by posting Devin's original request to
 > license-discuss at opensource.org.  If you interpret people's questions
 > about apparently implied information in your statements (above, about
 > the public parts of the request) as a failure to follow directions,
 > it's no surprise people wonder if they're doing it right.

It's not "implied".  It's written down in black and, well, obviously
gray.  I've made some changes that hopefully make the process more
clear.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | People have strong opinions
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | about economics even though