For Approval: Boost Software License - Version 1.0 - August 17th, 2003

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 12:50:44 UTC 2007

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> I suggest that you (OSI Board of Directors folks) form a new
> for-profit corp opensource-approval.org  (or some such) and offer OSI
> license submission service for say fifty bucks or so per "For
> Approval" request to OSI (fulfilling all OSI rules and procedures,
> unstated including, that is). Just an idea.

I seriously object to making a business out of this. Licenses not
OSI-approved even if OSD-compliant will not be allowed to be called
"open source" and the process of making your license OSI-approved
carries a fee. USD 50 is INR 2000, Mr Terekhov -- that's not a small sum
for me, Mr Terekhov if I want to get my license OSI-approved. Often
people writing OSS are enthusiasts and not necessary professional
programmers who earn a lot.

Shriramana Sharma.