For Approval: Boost Software License - Version 1.0 - August 17th, 2003

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 10:42:09 UTC 2007

On 10/11/07, Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:
[...]
> Oh dear.  It's happening again.  I sent you the URL
> (http://opensource.org/approval), I expected you to read and
> comprehend it, and you failed.
>
> If people repeatedly fail to comprehend something, it is the fault of
> the author, not the reader.
>
> But I don't know what to do differently.  The instructions seem pretty
> clearly written.  Danese suggests that better software tools would help.

I suggest that you (OSI Board of Directors folks) form a new
for-profit corp opensource-approval.org  (or some such) and offer OSI
license submission service for say fifty bucks or so per "For
Approval" request to OSI (fulfilling all OSI rules and procedures,
unstated including, that is). Just an idea.

regards,
alexander.

--
"PJ points out that lawyers seem to have difficulty understanding the
GPL. My main concern with GPLv3 is that - unlike v2 - non-lawyers can't