Editorial Board, Take 2

Zak Greant zak.greant at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 05:25:03 UTC 2007

Hey Ernie, Greetings All,

On 11/29/07, Ernest Prabhakar <ernest.prabhakar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks so much for your input.  To clarify, my original vision for an
> OSI Editors Board is very much like yours, but due to travel and other
> commitments I wasn't able to participate in most of these discussions.
>
> At any rate, I have gone through and more-or-less completely rewritten
> the wiki to match my understanding of what the OSI Editors should be
> doing:
>
> https://osi.osuosl.org/wiki/editor

I'm don't think that we all are on the same page here - you, Larry or I.

In particular, I'd like additional clarity from Larry on his proposal.
I think that it is a good idea, but a few bits are unclear.

> In particular, given the "community elders" like yourself that I
> nominated for this position, I don't think we need very rigid
> guidelines or requirements.  My expectation is to simply give y'all
> the tools to contribute effectively, and let you do what comes
> naturally. :-)

I fear that this sounds something like the current state of the board.

I designed a process to make sure that we don't keep dropping
community input on the floor. This is a very different thing from what
you have proposed.

--
Cheers!
--zak