Open CASCADE Technology Public License

Brian Behlendorf brian at hyperreal.org
Thu Nov 29 17:03:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Charles Collis wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone might be able to help in advising whether a
> license was classed as open-source or not.
[...]
> It doesn't currently seem to appear on any lists of approved licenses on the
> OSI website

Only licenses that have been submitted for consideration are certified -
OSI doesn't go out and proactively approve licenses that claim to be open
source, or even just "open".  I wouldn't personally express an opinion on
it either - carefully analyzing a license for no gotchas can be pretty
time consuming.

 	Brian