public? Re: Call for Votes: New OSI-Editors List

Zak Greant zak.greant at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 19:29:28 UTC 2007

Greetings Ernie and All,

On 11/26/07, Ernest Prabhakar <ernest.prabhakar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2007, at 7:37 PM, Zak Greant wrote:
> > I'd also prefer it that the editors are nominated by community members
> > and that the nominations are validated by the community at large.
>
> I like the idea of open nominations, but I'd lean more towards letting
> the existing editors have the final say as to who gets to join --
> again, the way most open source projects work.

I'd like to have a more inclusive approach here.

If someone the editors consider unsuitable is pushed into place by the
community, then this new editor still is obliged to fulfill their
duties.

If the editor doesn't fulfill their duties, then the board suspends them.

If they do, (and the description of the editor duties is robust
enough) then there isn't a problem.

While this isn't quite like an open source project, the OSI isn't
quite like an open source project.

--
Cheers!
--zak