Communication skills

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Fri Nov 16 11:28:56 UTC 2007

"Donovan Hawkins" <hawkins at cephira.com> writes:
> Although the name of the HTML page itself suggests otherwise
> (http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-license.html).  Some  of
> the links to that page also call it the FreeBSD license.

Yes, and a large number of web pages link "miserable failure" to the
White House's bio of George W. Bush.  I don't think any reasonable
person would take that as evidence that he is one.

> The over 14,000 Google hits for "freebsd license" at least
> demonstrates that it is not something Russ invented.

So you consider "Sun revokes FreeBSD license for Java" as an example
of the use of the name "FreeBSD License"?

And you consider the use of "FreeBSD License" by random third parties
not affiliated with the FreeBSD Project as evidence that the FreeBSD
Project uses and endorses that name?

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav