Communication skills

Donovan Hawkins hawkins at cephira.com
Thu Nov 15 21:11:20 UTC 2007

> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at linpro.no> writes:
>
> and the punch line, which I inadvertantly left out, is that they do

> not have any name for that license - the title of the web page
on
> which it is presented is "The FreeBSD Copyright"
(but a copyright is
> not a license, nor vice versa)

Although the name of the HTML page itself suggests otherwise
(http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-license.html).
Some
of the links to that page also call it the FreeBSD
license.

The over 14,000 Google hits for "freebsd license" at least

demonstrates that it is not something Russ invented. There
are
many instances of it being used to refer to the actual
license text
outside the context of the FreeBSD project.

It should also be noted that the FSF includes "FreeBSD
license"
on their own license list.

Donovan