Communication skills

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Thu Nov 15 16:37:48 UTC 2007

Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav writes:
> > Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at linpro.no> writes:
> > > I am still waiting to be informed of the status of my application.
> > Still waiting...
> Nice try.  I'm a parent of two children.  They learned very early
> not to bother whining.

So when somebody asks you for information you were supposed to give
them five weeks ago, and then asks again when you don't even bother to
acknowledge their request, it's whining?

> That said, I have a duty to all comers, no matter who obnoxious.

Oh, so you admit to that.  Do you also admit to shirking it?

> Reviewing the meeting notes, I see that the board noticed that the
> Simplified BSD License is identical to the FreeBSD License.  It makes
> no sense for us to approve both, or neither of them.  Have you thought
> about how to solve this problem?

I did not submit anything called the FreeBSD license.

IIRC, the matter of the name of the license I did submit was brought
up on license-discuss, and I pointed out that it is used by several
projects, some of which are known for their animosity towards each
other.  Naming the license after one of those projects would not be a
smart move, especially when that project was not even the first to use
it.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav