License Committee Report for July 2007

Chris DiBona cdibona at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 01:35:15 UTC 2007

Okeydokey then:

GPLv3
1) http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
2) GPLv2
3) Apache, Bsd and gplv2 licensed with the or-any-later clause can be
used by v3. V3 code can be adapted into Affero. These are one-way
promotions.
4) License sent.
5) I believe that the OSI cannot approve non-written amendments and
each should be required to be put through this process before the user
would be able to call it osi approved.
6) Monitoring...

LGPLv3
1) http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-3.0.html
2) LGPL
3) previous versions of the lgpl, bsd and likely others.
4) License sent here.

--
Open Source Programs Manager, Google Inc.
Google's Open Source program can be found at http://code.google.com