searchable list archives?

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at mibsoftware.com
Thu Jul 12 22:11:29 UTC 2007

> Less urgently, results at gmane, nabble and crynwyr don't show up in
> sitewide searches. Results from the opensource.org mailing lists
> should show up when I search 'foo site:opensource.org' in google or
> (ideally) when I use the search tool on opensource.org itself.

I disagree.

I expect that finding mailing list results would be noise
for most searches.  Why?  The signal to noise ratio on the list is
not the same as the signal to noise ratio on an authored web page.

On a related note, I sure wish I knew how to get google to exclude
blogs and mailing lists for some searches.